Remember making paper doll chains? Well, for the holiday season I made some "Gingerbread Man" chains out of brown paper to decorate our front door. Here's how you do it.
What You Need:
- brown paper, about a 5" wide strip cut off from a roll of brown packaging paper.
- red and silver glitter glue
- black marker
What You Do:
- Accordion fold the strip of brown paper all the way from one end to the other making a fold every 2.75 inches or so.*
- On the front of your "book" draw your ginerbread man, making sure the arms reach all the way to the left and right edges.
- Cut him out, through all the layers. making sure NOT to cut out around the hands. Every other body part should be cut around.
- Open up your book. You should have a continuous chain of a dozen (or so) of gingerbread men.
- Decorate with glitter glue buttons and "icing" and black marker faces.
- Hang 'em up!
*Hint: If you cut your paper from a roll, you might want to weight and flatten your folded paper strip in a heavy book overnight before you cut your men so that they lie flat. Otherwise you can always tape them to your wall.