I love reusing what would otherwise be trash in a craft project. Usually I use egg cartons to hold paint (see that sidebar?) but this time around we decided to paint them instead. (And used a paper plate as a palette instead.)
Here's What You Need:
- Cardboard Egg Carton
- Craft paints
- paint brushes
- Pipe Cleaners, yellow and green
- Pencil (for hole poking.)
2. Have your octopus paint the cups different colors.
3. Let them dry.
5. Take a yellow pipe cleaner and fold it in half. Insert the folded end into the hole from the inside of the cup so you have a loop coming out the bottom.
6. Put an end of a green pipe cleaner through the loop of the yellow pipe cleaner. Fold the end down and twist around the other end of the green pipe cleaner to hold it to the yellow one. Push up the twisted "knot" so it's snug in the hole of the "flower".
7. Twirl the ends of the yellow pipe cleaner around the pencil to make it look more... I dunno, pistil and stameny. (Yeah, I just made stamen an adjective; my high school English teacher and Biology teacher would be impressed.)
8. Make a bunch and put them in a cup for pertiness. (Excuse me. It's getting late, I get punchy.)