Thursday, February 9, 2012

Games: Crazy Shapes

While Spiff and I were playing Crazy Eights the other night it occurred to me that it would be great to play it with shapes and colors as a fun way to commit those shapes to memory (and colors for Squidgee). I can't let an idea like that go, so of course I got to work. I made this printable deck of cards which he colored and we've already played about a dozen times. Most times I've lost, but who's counting? Oh yeah, Spiff.


The Printables:




Here's how you play. Pretty much it's Crazy Eights, but here's the longer version:

The Set-Up:
  • Shuffle the cards.
  • Deal out 5 cards to each player, face down.
  • Place the remainder of the cards face down in a pile between the players. This will be the Draw pile.
  • Flip one card over from the Draw pile and set it up face up next to the pile. This will be the Discard pile.

The Play:
  • Youngest player goes first, and play continues to each player clock-wise.
  • On each turn the player plays a card from his hand on top of the Discard pile that matches the top card in either Shape or Color.
  • If a player doesn't have a matching card, then the player draws from the Draw pile without playing a card and play continues to the next person.
  • If a player has a Wild Card, he can play it any turn regardless of what's on top of the Discard pile. He gets to choose which color- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue or Purple (yeah, I know, I left out Indigo, I wonder when Spiff will notice.)- is to be played by the next player.

The Winner:
  • Whoever plays all of the cards in their hand first is the winner. Hooray!
Did I miss anything? Let me know. It's apt to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment