Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Handprint Turkey


A couple years ago my sister sent these Thanksgiving cards out with my niece's handprint. I thought it was brilliant then, I think it's brilliant now. And totally worth sharing this Thanksgiving.


What You Need:
  • brown craft paint. (the nontoxic kid-friendly variety.)
  • orange or yellow card stock (or whatever festive colors you choose.)
  • orange and red markers
  • glue
  • small googly eyes


What You Do:
  • Put a healthy amount of brown paint onto a paper plate, spread it around.
  • Get your octopus to spread their fingers and smash their hand in that mess as nicely and flatly as you can. (Yeah, right!) Smack that nice and flat painted hand quickly, firmly and without moving it around onto the card stock. Let it dry.
  • Draw that gobbler on (what is that really called?) in red marker, the feet and beak in orange.
  • Stick a googly eye on it.

You didn't really need me to write all this out, did you?



Also, while I am at and it IS Thanksgiving, I want to say I am grateful for:
  1. The internet.
  2. Creativity, in me, in my kids, in everyone I know.
  3. Family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment